directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] OpenLDAP config editor status
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:48:24 GMT
> Hi guys,
>
> a quick heads up on what's going on for the OpenLDAP Config editor,
> which is scheduled for the next Studio release
>
> o The global configuration design is almsot completed. There are now 4
> of the 6 pages that are working :
> - 'overview' which deal with general parameters
> - 'database' was already working fine
> - 'security' has just been completed. It covers all the general security
> parameters (SASL, TLS, and a few other parameters)
> - 'Tuning' is completed. It covers the parameters that can be tuned
> (limits, concurrency, indexes...)
>
> o The Options page has to be added, it covers 15 parameters (currently,
> only 4 are covered)
>
> o Some issue has to be fixed when we try to save the config. This is due
> to some delta being computed with some modify being sent when they
> should not. I will review the full process this week. Hopefully, I'll
> get something working soon.

To be clear, there are some corner casesthat are not handled correctly.
Typically, in the Ldap Server I'm testing with, a partition has some
overlays, thus some entries, and deleting this partiton does not work
because the Partition's entry is deleted *before* the Overlays' entries,
whcih is not supported.

One more missing piece (or to be clear, something that I forgot when I
modified the existing pages I have modified), I have to add the
listeners for each parameter in order to save the modified fields into
teh new partition. It was present in the old code, and I just forgot to
add it. It's not a big burden, mainly a single line of code to add for
each single value parameter, and an loop for each MV parameter.

> Next steps :
>
> o Have a way to save the configuration into a LDIF file, if we are not
> connected to an OpenLDAP server
> o Have a way to read the configuration from a LDIF file, if we are not
> connected to an OpenLDAP server

FTR, the code exists, it's just a question to map it to the menus.