directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help about ApacheDS using Mavibot for the LDAP backend work support for Kerby
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 03:46:06 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@intel.com> wrote:

>  Thanks Yaning for the take, working on the LDAP backend support for
> Kerby.
>

> Hi Kiran,
>

> Would you let know what are the least modules required to embed the
> Directory Server with Mavibot? Is there any sample application doing so?
> Thanks.

you shouldn't include ApacheDS in Kerby at all, instead Kerby should have
the capability to communicate
with an LDAP server.

The LDAP identity backend class that is currently present in Kerby aims to
do this by using ApacheDS's
LDAP API.

There are plenty of samples on how to use this API in ldap-client-test
module, some knowledge of LDAP
in general is needed for those who are working on this backend.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com