directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Studio] common widgets
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 13:23:22 GMT
>> o.a.d.studio.common.ui
It looks a good place. By the way, is it an OSGI plugin or just a Java package?

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 4:43 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: [Studio] common widgets

Hi,

as I'm working on the OpenLDAP configuration editor, I discovered that we are using a lot
of values that are represented in a table, like this one :

 TCPBuffers
+-----------------------+
| xyz                   | (Add)
| abc                   | (Edit)
|                       | (Delete)
+-----------------------+

This is the case for many multiple value attributes. There are also many values in the ApacheDS
configuration editor that are using the same pattern : SASL realms, Indexed attributes, Partitions,
Password Policies, Replication.

We also have many input text which are handling integer values, with some limits.

Those widgets could most certainly be shared, but atm, we have to define each one of them
as if they were unique, which ends with a lot of duplicate code.

I'd like to federate such code, defining a widget for the table and the integer input box,
with the needed parameters to make them specific. The question would be : where to put those
common widgets ? is o.a.d.studio.common.ui the right place ?

Thanks !