directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: PMD
Date Sat, 02 May 2015 00:38:01 GMT
Thank you Colm for this great enabling!! It's very helpful for the young project and our contributors.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:coheigea@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 5:03 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: PMD

Hi all,

I have finished with doing "PMD" fixes to Kerby and it is now enabled by default. "PMD" (project
mess detector) is a maven plugin which runs every time you do a mvn compile/test/install.
The build will fail if it detects a violation (for example, unused variables etc.). It keeps
the source tidy and helps eliminate bugs.

I added two new maven profiles:

mvn -Pnochecks - This skips PMD. Useful if you are just testing some local changes.
mvn -Pfastinstall - This skips both PMD and running the tests.

You can disable PMD in the code itself by either a "// NOPMD" comment, or else via an annotation
"@SuppressWarnings("PMD")". This should be avoided if at all possible. I disabled PMD on the
3rdparty stuff until we decide what to do with it.

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder