directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] Tests ?
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 19:16:50 GMT
On 05/29/2015 05:01 PM, phantomjinx wrote:
> On 29/05/15 15:53, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> I'd like to test some of the classes I'm writing in Studio, using junit
>> (they are not GUI classes). ATM, we don't define junit as a dependence
>> in any of the Studio projects. What would be the best way to do that ?
>>
>> Thanks !
> Hey Emmanuel,
>
> Seeing as how you've helped me, I am sure I can return the favour.
>
> My project is Teiid Designer [1], which provides a number of plugins and a perspective
as part of
> JbossTools. We have a large number of unit tests [2] (using junit) that would provide
a framework
> for what you are hoping to do. An example of the kind of pom you would need to write
would be
> something like this [3].
>
> The test plugins (or fragments if you prefer) will depend on junit, which would need
to be made
> available from your target-platform.
>
> Hope this helps. If not, apologies for the intrusion.

No need to apology, any kind of input from Eclipse RCP experts is highly
welcomed :)

I decided against separate test plugins/fragments during migration to
Tycho because we currently only have very few unit tests. Once we add
more tests it may make sense to move them to a test fragement. Until
then they reside within the bundle itself. But we have integration tests
(headless and UI).

Kind Regards,
Stefan