directory-dev mailing list archives

From phantomjinx <p.g.richard...@phantomjinx.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Studio] Tests ?
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 15:01:54 GMT
On 29/05/15 15:53, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I'd like to test some of the classes I'm writing in Studio, using junit
> (they are not GUI classes). ATM, we don't define junit as a dependence
> in any of the Studio projects. What would be the best way to do that ?
>
> Thanks !
Hey Emmanuel,

Seeing as how you've helped me, I am sure I can return the favour.

My project is Teiid Designer [1], which provides a number of plugins and a perspective as
part of
JbossTools. We have a large number of unit tests [2] (using junit) that would provide a framework
for what you are hoping to do. An example of the kind of pom you would need to write would
be
something like this [3].

The test plugins (or fragments if you prefer) will depend on junit, which would need to be
made
available from your target-platform.

Hope this helps. If not, apologies for the intrusion.

PGR

[1] https://github.com/Teiid-Designer/teiid-designer
[2] https://github.com/Teiid-Designer/teiid-designer/tree/master/tests
[3]
https://github.com/Teiid-Designer/teiid-designer/blob/master/tests/org.teiid.designer.ddl.importer.test/pom.xml

--

Paul Richardson

  * p.g.richardson@phantomjinx.co.uk
  * p.g.richardson@redhat.com
  * pgrichardson@linux.com

"I know exactly who reads the papers ...

  * The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
  * The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
  * The Times is read by people who do actually run the country.
  * The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
  * The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
  * The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another
country.
  * The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is."

Jim Hacker, Yes Minister