directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1681745 - /directory/shared/trunk/ldap/client/api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/ldap/client/api/LdapNetworkConnection.java
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 09:36:12 GMT
On 05/27/2015 11:19 AM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

>     The strange thing is that I have run all the API tests before
>     committing. I'm sure about this. And the tests haven't failed. I
>     had run "mvn clean install" with the trunk of "shared" before the
>     fix. And again no failure.
>
> my guess is that this case is not covered by the existing tests,
> probably due to identical input
> for newDn and entryDn

Well, it looks like it is covered by some tests as they have failed in
Jenkins:
https://builds.apache.org/job/dir-apacheds-ubuntu-deploy/1718/org.apache.directory.server$ldap-client-test/

So, my question is how can I run these tests on my machine before a commit?

I'm still new here so I'm trying to learn the development process that
you are usually following. What tests are you usually running before
commit? Do you run something else than "mvn clean install"? Or do you
just run "mvn clean install", commit and then check Jenkins after the
commit?

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect