directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studio] common widgets
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 08:43:23 GMT
Hi,

as I'm working on the OpenLDAP configuration editor, I discovered that
we are using a lot of values that are represented in a table, like this
one :

 TCPBuffers
+-----------------------+
| xyz                   | (Add)
| abc                   | (Edit)
|                       | (Delete)
+-----------------------+

This is the case for many multiple value attributes. There are also many
values in the ApacheDS configuration editor that are using the same
pattern : SASL realms, Indexed attributes, Partitions, Password
Policies, Replication.

We also have many input text which are handling integer values, with
some limits.

Those widgets could most certainly be shared, but atm, we have to define
each one of them as if they were unique, which ends with a lot of
duplicate code.

I'd like to federate such code, defining a widget for the table and the
integer input box, with the needed parameters to make them specific. The
question would be : where to put those common widgets ? is
o.a.d.studio.common.ui the right place ?

Thanks !