directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] OpenLDAP plugin status
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 17:39:48 GMT
On 05/04/2015 11:14 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have made some substencial changes in the OpenLDAP config plugins
> those 3 last weeks. Here is the current status for this plugin :
>
> - I have added an overiew pages which exposes only the very basic
> informations of a OpenLDAP server : databases, loaded overlays, logLevel
> and a few other infos
> - I have added a widget for the LogLevel configuration, which is much
> better that what we add before
> - I also have added many fields configuration in the Options page
>
> There is a lot that has to be done before this plugin can be considered
> as production ready :
> - First of all, the configuration 'save' does not currently work.
> Probably just a bump on the road, I have to check that. Enough said that
> it was woking 2 weeks ago, so one of my changes have broke it.
> - I want to split the databases and options page in parts, with new pages :
>   o a Config page which will contain all the specific config Database
> parameters
>   o a FrontEnd pagewhich will contain all the specific Frontend Database
> parameters
> - I also want to split the options page in many pages or sections (not
> yet decided what's the best solution), with those sections :
>   o Security
>   o Tuning
>   o Schema
>   o PasswordPolicy
> It's mainly about re-shuffling what we currently have in a more
> user-friendly way.
> - Move the literal Strings to the messages.properties files
> - There are many configuraiton parameters that are not yet handled (just
> because they weren't existing when the first version of the editor has
> been designed)
> - The help is not existing atm. It has to be added.
>

> We won't support slapd.conf file in this version. Also the OpenLDAP
> version that will be supported has to be recent (ie, 2.4.31 or newer).
> ALl in all, that means we will support every OpenLDAP version that has
> been released in teh past 4 years.
>
> I will create JIRAs for the missing parts or each part I want to work on
> expect a load of JIRAs to be created ;-)
>
> All in all, I expect to have a very first version running quite soon,
> and probably something that could be tested as soon as the 'save' action
> will be fixed.
>
> That's it for the status, expect lots of change sin the comming days and
> weeks !
>
> Thanks !

Thanks Emmanuel for the update.

Next week I'd like to start to test the release process for Studio.
Should we then include the OpenLDAP config plugin at all for the first
release? And same question for the Template/Combinded entry editor
plugins? I'd suggest to exclude them for the first release.

Kind Regards,
Stefan