directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PMD
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 12:30:35 GMT
Le 03/05/15 18:18, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> Do we have an ‘official’ project position on the use of PMD?

No, but we can.

> Is it employed within the others?
It has been disabled for ApacheDS.

> I am considering adding these checks to the fortress builds.

I think it's valuable to have it. The key is tunning PMD correctly,
otherwise you'll have potentially thousands of warnings. For instance,
in the LDAP API, we have 150 critical, 1901 major, 340 minor and 106
infos. For ApacheDS, it's even worse, with 172 critical, 2731 major, 808
minor and 97 info. Studio is the worst, with 273 critical, 3700 major,
10892 minor and 456 infos. I teave to you imagine how long it would take
to get those fixed...

Btw, we can ask for the various projects to be added to
analysis.apache.org. Here are the result for some of our current projects :

ApacheDS : https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/114786
LDAP API : https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/123841
Studio   : https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/118180