directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API relaxed mode
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 14:57:48 GMT
Le 01/05/15 16:29, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> On 04/30/2015 09:27 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
>>> attributes used syntaxes that were not declared and so on.
>>
>> Not possible in OpenLDAP, since we do full schema checking. 389DS,
>> like Sun and other Netscape-derived junk, probably is more careless
>> here.
>>

> Well, I might be mistaken, but OpenLDAP 2.4.31 has this in schema:
>
> attributeTypes: ( 2.5.4.48 NAME 'protocolInformation' DESC 'RFC2256:
> protocol information' EQUALITY protocolInformationMatch SYNTAX
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.42 )
>
> ... and I do not see any "ldapSyntaxes" statement for
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.42

Yes. It has been removed in RFC 4517 :

"21. The ACI Item, Access Point, Audio, Data Quality, DSA Quality, DSE
       Type, LDAP Schema Description, Master And Shadow Access Points,
       Modify Rights, Protocol Information, Subtree Specification,
       Supplier Information, Supplier Or Consumer and Supplier And
       Consumer syntaxes have been removed.  These syntaxes are
       referenced in RFC 2252, but not defined."

We have to deal with that in the SchemaManager ...