directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: API relaxed mode
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 14:29:15 GMT
On 04/30/2015 09:27 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
>> attributes used syntaxes that were not declared and so on.
>
> Not possible in OpenLDAP, since we do full schema checking. 389DS,
> like Sun and other Netscape-derived junk, probably is more careless here.

Well, I might be mistaken, but OpenLDAP 2.4.31 has this in schema:

attributeTypes: ( 2.5.4.48 NAME 'protocolInformation' DESC 'RFC2256:
protocol information' EQUALITY protocolInformationMatch SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.42 )

... and I do not see any "ldapSyntaxes" statement for
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.42

(simple anonymous LDAP search, base: cn=subschema)

--

                                            Radovan Semancik
                                           Software Architect