directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress] package generation
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 23:42:03 GMT

> On Apr 2, 2015, at 3:19 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have some doubt about the fortress-core-1.0-RC40-SNAPSHOT-bin*
> tarballs, which contains a lib/ and a dist/ directories. First, I don't
> see why we have all the used libs beside the jar (either the user will
> not use those jars, and they are useless, or they want a standalone jar,
> which contains all the jars in one single file. In any case, we have to
> add the LICENSE.* files (2 are missing).

The /lib (which is where ivy put the dependencies) and /dist (build artifacts) folders are
remnants of the, now deprecated ant build.  Now that we are using maven, the built artifacts
go in /target and the dependencies under .m2 repo.  I don’t think we should be packaging
up anything under the lib and dist.

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org