directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Virtual directory Server configuration
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 09:38:07 GMT

>  Here is the scenario, one of our client is looking to have a second LDAP
> service(Apache DS) for external facing(Internet) portals. Internally they
> are using Microsoft active directory and they will continue to use this along
> with the ApacheDS . External facing portal should allow both intranet and
> external users to login. Only external users will be stored in ApacheDS
> and all the internal employee details will remain in Microsoft Active
> directory.

Siva,

MyVirtualDirectory (http://myvd.sourceforge.net/) uses ApacheDS as the
front end for a virtual directory (though its mostly transparent to the
user) and can easily provide the requirements you describe.  OpenLDAP I
believe also has a proxy mechanism but I've never used it.  Penrose (
https://fedorahosted.org/penrose/) is owned by RedHat, but hasn't been
actively worked on for several years so I'm not sure how up to date it is.

Thanks
Marc