directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Virtual directory Server configuration
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:52:11 GMT
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Siva <siva.b@knowledgeflux.com> wrote:

>  Hi Team,
>
> Appreciate your extraordinary effort put together in building a such a
> great solution.   I’m a new user to ApacheDS, but worked as Admin for
> Microsoft active directory.
>
> Here is the scenario, one of our client is looking to have a second LDAP
> service(Apache DS) for external facing(Internet) portals. Internally they
> are using Microsoft active directory and they will continue to use this along
> with the ApacheDS . External facing portal should allow both intranet and
> external users to login. Only external users will be stored in ApacheDS
> and all the internal employee details will remain in Microsoft Active
> directory.
>
> Based on the features listed in this URL,
> *https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/features.html*
> <https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/features.html> ; I understand
> ApacheDS contains virtual directory server.

ApacheDS doesn't have a virtual directory feature, only the API that makes
it easy to implement on if needed
what you need to use is "delegating authenticator"[1] in ApacheDS to allow
both internal and external logins

I don't have an example config at the moment, but this needs to be
configured under
ou=authenticators,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/interceptors/authn/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/authn/DelegatingAuthenticator.java

--
Kiran Ayyagari