directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress] fortress-core release
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 20:12:01 GMT

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 11:49 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I suggest to have FORTRESS_HOME or FORTRESS_CONF env variable
> and read the config from that location. If this variable is not set then the default
> config can be extracted and used.
>
> If this variable is set and if no config is present default can be copied over there
> during startup and used by the app.
>
> Note sure if all this can be done in this version to be released, but good to have
> cause users will love to try such software bundles ;)

Yes, this is a good idea too.  So here is what I think we could do:

1. read first from env variable
2. if that isn’t set, read from servlet context (as Stefan suggested)
3. finally read from the fortress.properties if other two not set.

This will cover all the bases but will take a little bit of work. I’ll add a JIRA and we
can aim to get it fixed on next release.

WDYT?

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org