directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress]ACNA and Benchmarks
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:22:38 GMT

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 10:12 AM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>
>  I have posted in the users list the instructions so far.  We can use that to track my
progress, speaking of I am stalled, but I plan on starting up again soon.

Hi, just wanted to report the status of this activity.

As posted in the user’s group I was successful getting apacheds and mavibot running together
(thanks Kiran!).

The good news is (as I reported on the other list) the time to do inserts has speed up about
2X (on limited testing).  The ok news is the performance of checkAccess (one search operation
using dn) hasn’t much changed from the default config of apacheds.  I am seeing throughput
on the order of 9K/second either way.  So maybe I have something not quite right, e.g. index
for dn?

The bad news (probably not unexpected) is the fortress core regression tests freeze during
an update.  My plan is to start a new activity to get those tests to pass with mavibot, finding/fixing
bugs as we go.  I believe the fortress core test suite will put mavibot through its paces
and once we get all the tests passing, mavibot will be ready for GA.

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org