directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Kerby KdcConfig question
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:44:42 GMT
Hi Colm,

Thanks for the good questions.

Some config items like realm are under sections in MIT KDC configuration, like kdc.conf, for
these items we do the way to be compatible.

Good catch, I thought we should remove the domain one, as it’s only specific to LDAP backend
and hasn’t been used at all.

TestKdcServer uses the realm “TEST.COM” and I don’t see test failures. What effect are
you expecting, or would you let know how to repeat the issue?
Maybe you could simplify and illustrate the issue in TestKdcConfigLoad? Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:coheigea@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:21 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Kerby KdcConfig question

Hi all,
Playing around with Kerby a bit. Something I don't understand is the way we configure the
server in KdcConfig. For example:

public String getKdcDomain() {
        return getString(KdcConfigKey.KDC_DOMAIN);
    }
However:

public String getKdcRealm() {
        return KrbConfHelper.getStringUnderSection(this, KdcConfigKey.KDC_REALM);
    }
Why is the realm configured differently to the domain? In the TestKdcServer, the value set
by has no effect as a result:

kdcConfig.setString(KdcConfigKey.KDC_REALM, "TEST.COM<http://TEST.COM>");
Colm.

--