directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 20:44:31 GMT

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> -1
>
> Main blockers:
> * Maven groupId is org.apache.directory.project, I think it should be
> org.apache.directory.fortress (or just org.apache.fortress)?

That group was recently changed from org.apache.directory to org.apache.directory.project.
 I *think* it due to the inherited pom (for dependencies).  I’ll let Emmanuel chime in.

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> -1
>
> Main blockers:
> * Dependency JGraphT 0.7.3 is LGPL, we should consider to update to more
> recent 0.9.1 which has dual licence LGPL or EPL and choose the EPL one.

Good catch.  I was wondering where the jgrapht project had gone and now I know.

https://github.com/jgrapht/jgrapht

I have upgraded to the latest.  One question - do we now need to include both license files?

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> -1
>
> Additional things to fix:
> * The root folder and the lib folder contain various license files. I
> think only the main LICENSE file should remain in the root folder. Other
> licenses should be moved to a distinctive "licenses" folder.
> * We also need to check which license file are required, compare with
> generated target/maven-shared-archive-resources/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES file.
>  * The LICENSE.cmdLineParser.txt is required as source file is included
> (org/apache/directory/fortress/core/cli/CmdLineParser.java)
>  * I think the Terracotta license is not required as we only use
> ehcache-core which uses Apache License
> * The NOTICE file does not seem to have the common format.

I’ll open another ticket for fixing these problems.

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> -1
>
> Last question: Is is right that mvn clean install doesn't run any tests?
> (I didn't read the readme yet ;)

Opted not to run tests on install because of the setup procedures that need to run prior to
testing that could not have been accomplished before running install for the first time.
Yes there are instructions in README on the prep.  First time users are encouraged to follow
the steps in the README-TEN-MINUTE-GUIDE.  It has steps for loading the schema, setting up
the base load DIT and finally running the tests.

Thanks for taking the time to but this detailed list together Stefan!  I don’t mind that
we are delayed, most important to get things right.

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org