directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] release Package tests needed !
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:41:24 GMT
On 04/21/2015 06:43 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have built the installers for all the platforms, but I was only able
> to test the bin installer on a Linux VM.
>
> For some weird reason, I can't get it installed on my mac (most
> certainly an issue with my system setting).
>
> I would need some of you guys to test the various installers which are
> available on my page :
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/apacheds-2.0.0-M20-SNAPSHOT/
>
> Thanks !

An update:

* Automated tests for deb, bin, rpm, and archive packages run well on my
machine and on Jenkins (except rpm which needs to be installed on Jenkins)

* the tar.gz archive was changed that the apacheds.sh is executable by
default

* deb package was changed that on uninstall all program files and the
instance directory (with conf and data) are deleted. A backup tarball of
the instance directory is created before.

* rpm package: on uninstall only program files are deleted, the instance
directory in /var/lib is not deleted.

* exe installer: on uninstall only program files are deleted, the
instance directory is kept (like rpm)

* I cannot test the dmg installer.

So from my POV they are ready to be released.

Kind Regards,
Stefan