directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] release Package tests needed !
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 09:51:53 GMT
On 04/21/2015 06:43 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have built the installers for all the platforms, but I was only able
> to test the bin installer on a Linux VM.
>
> For some weird reason, I can't get it installed on my mac (most
> certainly an issue with my system setting).
>
> I would need some of you guys to test the various installers which are
> available on my page :
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/apacheds-2.0.0-M20-SNAPSHOT/
>
> Thanks !

I recrated bin, deb, and rpm installer on my local machine and created
scripts to test the installers in Docker. In general everything works
well. Just two things:

1. Does the bin installer also support uninstall? If not should we add
support for it, maybe in the next iteration?

2. When uninstalling the deb (and probably also the rpm, I have to
doublecheck) the following folders are left in /var/lib/apacheds.*/default:

* syncrepl-data
* cache/<some uuid>
* conf/config.ldif_migrated
* conf/ou=config.ldif
* conf/ou=config

I think the stuff in conf is there because we changed from single-file
conf to multi-file. All the files are included in the created backup
tgz. So I think it is save to delete them.

I'll update and test the uninstall scripts for deb and rpm. But probably
the dmg and exe installer also need to be updated.

Kind Regards,
Stefan