directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 17:17:09 GMT
On 04/14/2015 11:58 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 13/04/15 15:39, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>>> On Apr 13, 2015, at 8:22 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> maven already has a flag, passing '-DskipTests'  will skip the tests
>> Yep, that flag is there and can be used.  If that’s the ‘correct’ way I’m
ok with that.
> This is what we do. But usually, even if tests are taking several
> minutes, it's always a good policy to always run them before committing.
> On ApacheDS, running tests takes 30 mins, so...
>
>> Will also need to do some work to ensure that apacheds runs embedded for those tests
so the user doesn’t have any (manual) setup to do whatsoever.

> Absolutely. This is a critical step : we can't really keep going running
> no tests at all, or asking for the testers to configure something on
> their machines everytime they want to check if it works.
>
> That's the whole idea to have ApacheDS embededded : it it works with it,
> it's going to work with OpenLDAP either.

And to support easy testing against OpenLDAP I'd suggest to prepare a
Docker image with preconfigured OpenLDAP. That can also be used on
Jenkins. I'd volunteer to create such an image and setup a Jenkins job,
just don't know when time allows...

Kind Regards,
Stefan