directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:58:41 GMT
Le 13/04/15 15:39, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On Apr 13, 2015, at 8:22 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> maven already has a flag, passing '-DskipTests'  will skip the tests
> Yep, that flag is there and can be used.  If that’s the ‘correct’ way I’m ok
with that.
This is what we do. But usually, even if tests are taking several
minutes, it's always a good policy to always run them before committing.
On ApacheDS, running tests takes 30 mins, so...

> Will also need to do some work to ensure that apacheds runs embedded for those tests
so the user doesn’t have any (manual) setup to do whatsoever.

Absolutely. This is a critical step : we can't really keep going running
no tests at all, or asking for the testers to configure something on
their machines everytime they want to check if it works.

That's the whole idea to have ApacheDS embededded : it it works with it,
it's going to work with OpenLDAP either.