directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:40:52 GMT
-1

Main blockers:
* Maven groupId is org.apache.directory.project, I think it should be
org.apache.directory.fortress (or just org.apache.fortress)?
* Dependency JGraphT 0.7.3 is LGPL, we should consider to update to more
recent 0.9.1 which has dual licence LGPL or EPL and choose the EPL one.

Additional things to fix:
* The root folder and the lib folder contain various license files. I
think only the main LICENSE file should remain in the root folder. Other
licenses should be moved to a distinctive "licenses" folder.
* We also need to check which license file are required, compare with
generated target/maven-shared-archive-resources/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES file.
  * The LICENSE.cmdLineParser.txt is required as source file is included
(org/apache/directory/fortress/core/cli/CmdLineParser.java)
  * I think the Terracotta license is not required as we only use
ehcache-core which uses Apache License
* The NOTICE file does not seem to have the common format.

Last question: Is is right that mvn clean install doesn't run any tests?
(I didn't read the readme yet ;)

Kind Regards,
Stefan

On 04/08/2015 12:48 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This is a vote for the Fortress Core 1.0-RC40 release. This is a Release Candidate,
it will be
> followed by potentially a few other release candidate before we reach a 1.0.0.
>
> This will also be the first Fortress Core release at Apache.
>

> Here is the list of fixed issues sinc ethe code has been injected into teh ASF repository:
>

> Bugs :
> ------
>     * [FC-6] - delPermObjs causes LDAP 80 error
>     * [FC-8] - Add SSD Constraint check to updateRole
>     * [FC-9] - CreateSession error on ApacheDS and Ubuntu 32
>     * [FC-11] - MDB Error during deletion
>     * [FC-12] - Delete descendant role error
>     * [FC-37] - Accelerator jar is refering to a SNAPSHOT version of the released LDAP
API