directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Open LDAP config plugins
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 00:27:42 GMT
Le 31/03/15 22:31, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm done with the import of the OpenLDAP configuration plugins (plus the
>> few other plugins like the template editor).
>>
>> There is some needed cleanup to be done now, and to check that they are
>> working fine.
>>
> Thanks Emmanuel.
>
> I tested shortly the combined and template editor. They look quite nice.
> The combined editor throwed excpetion when switching to edit mode.
Hmmm... JIRA !

> We
> have to decide if we should add them to the default ldapbrowser feature
> and activate them by default. One concern I have is that the user then
> has lot of choices (template editor, table editor, LDIF editor, or all).

I agree. Currenly, teh default is the tabular mode.

I think that the template editor is quite fancy, but it might be limited
for some high level users. I think the ldif editor migh be hidden by
default (activable through the preference).

What your take on this ?

> Regarding OpenLDAP plugins I'll test them later or next weekend. Here I
> think we will package them into a new feature, just like we do for ApacheDS?

Yes, I think it would make sense to make it a feature (there are 3
plugins for openldap : openldap.common.ui, openldap.confi.editor and
openldap.syncrepl)