directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fortress]ACNA and Benchmarks
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 00:23:34 GMT
Le 31/03/15 17:58, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> Hi, ACNA is fast approaching and I plan on publishing the following benchmarks there:
>
> 1. openldap accelerator checkAccess and createSession
> 2. openldap fortress checkAccess and createSession
> 3. apache directory fortress checkAccess and createSession
>
> The means for testing is easy, as jmeter test classes for above cases are part of the
fortress core source currently.  As you would expect, the tests can be setup by number of
threads, number of iterations, number of test servers, etc.

> For #3 I would like to make sure that I have configured the apaches server to perform
optimally.  Are there best practices / tips that I need to be aware of while setting up my
test environment?  What recommendations can you provide that will allow me to show the best
performance for apache directory?  These test cases will measure binds and searches of existing
elements.

It depends on the number of entries you will have in the server. What is
important is to have the required indexes, with the correct cache size.

One thing that is critical : JMeter is quite demanding, so *never* run
it on the same machine than the server.