directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Fortress] Release preparation
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:27:33 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm continuing my preliminary work on the Fortress release. There are a
few things I'd like to do :

1) first of all, as I did for core, I'd like to make all teh 4 projects
depending on the 'project' project we use at Apache Directory (this
special top level project gather all the maven plugins version).

2) each project should be able to be ran using mvn clean install, and
the test should work (or be ignored). This is ok for core, but for the
three others, we have the same pb that has been fixed for core :
typically, the config is not generated for the system we are running on.

3) once those issues are fixed, there is something that should be added
: a top level fortress project, which list the four modules, so that we
can build them all at the same time. This part is easy.

4) another thing that need to be done : we have to define a fifth module
(distribution) in charge of building the jars

Of course, we can also decide to keep each project as standalone
projects, but is it the best startegy ?

wdyt ?