directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Configuration editor doesn't preserve operational attributes
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:25:30 GMT
Le 15/03/15 10:26, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I work on DIRSTUDIO-1016 and changing the configuration editor to
> support multi-file LDIF configuration partition.
>
> What I found with the current editor: if we open the config.ldif, make
> some changes, and save it, we just rewrite the whole file and all
> operational attributes (entryUUID, entryCSN) are newly created. For sake
> of simplicity I'd implement saving to multi-file LDIF partition the same
> way (delete the conf directory and recreate it).
>
> But I wonder if that is ok? Is the config partition meant to be
> replicated (then it may be a problem)?

The current implementation (ie one biug file) is problematic during
replicating just because we update all the entryCSN/entryUUID : that
means everything get replicated...

The idea of multiple files for config is to avoid having to replicate
everything, but just updating the entryCSN of the modified entries and
only those.

So with respect to this constraint, I'd say that we should be careful
not to update anything that hasn't be changed, which might require some
extra work...

Thanks !