directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject [Studio] Configuration editor doesn't preserve operational attributes
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 09:26:00 GMT
Hi,

I work on DIRSTUDIO-1016 and changing the configuration editor to
support multi-file LDIF configuration partition.

What I found with the current editor: if we open the config.ldif, make
some changes, and save it, we just rewrite the whole file and all
operational attributes (entryUUID, entryCSN) are newly created. For sake
of simplicity I'd implement saving to multi-file LDIF partition the same
way (delete the conf directory and recreate it).

But I wonder if that is ok? Is the config partition meant to be
replicated (then it may be a problem)?

Kind Regards,
Stefan