directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@symas.com>
Subject [Studio] Questions about LdifSourceViewerConfiguration class
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently reviewing a few classes, trying to remove some potential
NPE. While doing so, I found things that I'm not sure are necessary or
correct in the LdifSourceViewerConfiguration class. Typically :

line 165 :

            damagerRepairer = new LdifDamagerRepairer( this.editor );

            this.presentationReconciler.setDamager( damagerRepairer,
IDocument.DEFAULT_CONTENT_TYPE );
            this.presentationReconciler.setRepairer( damagerRepairer,
IDocument.DEFAULT_CONTENT_TYPE );

            this.presentationReconciler.setDamager( damagerRepairer,
LdifPartitionScanner.LDIF_RECORD );
            this.presentationReconciler.setRepairer( damagerRepairer,
LdifPartitionScanner.LDIF_RECORD );

Why do we set the damaRepairer twice ? My understanding is that the
second setting is enough, am I correct ?

Same for line 217 :
                this.contentAssistant = new DialogContentAssistant();

                this.contentAssistProcessor = new
LdifCompletionProcessor( editor, contentAssistant );
                this.contentAssistant.setContentAssistProcessor(
this.contentAssistProcessor,
                    LdifPartitionScanner.LDIF_RECORD );
                this.contentAssistant.setContentAssistProcessor(
this.contentAssistProcessor,
                    IDocument.DEFAULT_CONTENT_TYPE );

we set the ContentAssistProcessor twice, with two different values, and
I suspect that the second setting is wrong.

Pardon me if these are dumb questions, I'm quite a virging in Eclipse
programming...

Thanks !