directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mavibot] Status
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 19:02:30 GMT
> A quick update...
>
> I was not able to work too much on mavibot those last two weeks. Still,
> some progress has ben made last week-end :
>
> - first, DIRSERVER_2047 has been investigated deeply. It was really
> problematic, as the browsefrom(K) method was producing various NPE and
> wrong result. It took long to get it fixed. We have to thank Lin Zhao
> for having been patient and helpful to get the pb fixed
>
> - second, I ran a quick performance test to see what's going on.
> Browsing a B-tree with 500 keys, each one of them having 9 values (which
> resolves to a sub-btree), after having positionned the cursor before a
> key from 0 to 499 took 9 seconds, and 23 seconds when browsing backward.
> It was a bit slow, considering we are fetching 500 * 250 tuples (500
> iterations, for an average of half the tuples being fetched). That was
> around 14 000 tuples get per second.
Correction : we are talking about browsing 500 * 250 * 9 tuples here,
making it able of browsing 125 000 tuples per second (before the fix),
as we have 9 values per key, thus each key will produces 9 tuples.

That makes the Browse operation even faster after the cache fix, with
around 450 000 tuples fetched per second...