directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crazy idea...
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 23:07:03 GMT
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> just had a crazy idea...
>
> Mavibot currently does not support removal of old versions. We are

nope, we do support removal of old versions, just that currently it doesn't
keep
more than 5 old versions

> working on that. However, it could be interesting to use this 'feature'

yeap, its been a dream ;)

> : what about proposing a versionned LDAP server, in which we would keep
> every version of the server, with the possibility to recover the
> previous revisions, just by sending a control containing the revision
> one is interested in ? I see no pb in implementing this control and
> having it working...

 yeah, 'nice' to have, most of the required fabric is already present

> We just need one addition to mavibot for that : the possibility to
> gather many updates into one revision, instead of creating a new
> revision for each update, and this should not be a real trouble to do that.
>
> this is real work, currently every write results in one new version
and changing this requires significant changes.

we can still experiment the above mentioned control without changing mavibot
first and see, wdyt?

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com