directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Crazy idea...
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:51:49 GMT
Hi guys,

just had a crazy idea...

Mavibot currently does not support removal of old versions. We are
working on that. However, it could be interesting to use this 'feature'
: what about proposing a versionned LDAP server, in which we would keep
every version of the server, with the possibility to recover the
previous revisions, just by sending a control containing the revision
one is interested in ? I see no pb in implementing this control and
having it working...

We just need one addition to mavibot for that : the possibility to
gather many updates into one revision, instead of creating a new
revision for each update, and this should not be a real trouble to do that.

Thoughts ?