directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerby/Haox] About committing codes for contributors
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 07:10:26 GMT
I believe that the general consensus within the greater ASF community is
that non-committing contributors can't assign issues to themselves, but
still can  work on their own issues (changing specific fields, including
closing the issue), and that committers can. But, I must confess that I
have limited experiences, so I might be mistaken.

If we want them to be able to reassign (and be able to execute other
actions not associated with the role) , we should consider inviting them to
be committers. In general I say: the more the better for the project and
its works.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*