directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Apache Directory & Apachecon US 2015 Austin
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:12:37 GMT
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your detailed guidance. It's great for me to learn about this new ApacheDS sub
project Fortress.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn McKinney [mailto:smckinney@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:55 PM
To: dev@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Directory & Apachecon US 2015 Austin

On 01/24/2015 06:27 AM, Zheng, Kai wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> Great topics and they're very interesting. I wish I could be an audience of them. :-)

> Do you have some materials for me to learn about ? Thanks.

Hi Kai,

Thanks for showing interest.  Yes, we have several tutorials you can look at.  They are at
varying levels of complexity.  The first, is understanding how to use the fortress apis themselves.
 For that you can view the javadoc, which can be generated (of course), or you can have a
look here:

http://symas.com/javadocs/fortress/

There are coding samples that will help with understanding how to use the fortress apis themselves.
 In the fortress source, you can find them under:

basepackage/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/fortress/core/samples

  is a separate ant build to compile and run the samples.  You can also run as one of the
targets under the main build:

ant test-samples

Take a look at the quickstart guide for more info on how to invoke the ant targets.

http://directory.apache.org/fortress/quick-start.html

For usage within a container, i.e. if you want the container to call back to fortress during
security checks (using java ee security), you can hava a look at these tutorials:

1. base tomcat security: http://symas.com/kb/using-fortress-spring-and-tomcat-to-secure-wicket-6-x-applications/

2. end-to-end tomcat security: http://symas.com/kb/demonstrate-end-to-end-security-enforcement-using-open-source/

HTH,

Shawn