directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [kerby/haox] Dependencies updates needed
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:01:46 GMT
>> I don't like 4 spaces for XML files, it's quickly too wide, I use 2 spaces.
Agree, let's follow this.

>> Regarding teh Java code, I suggest we keep what you have (likely Java code convention),
we can vote later on keep it or moving globally to another convention.
I do like the current one that can be most easily setup in IDEA or Eclipse in my view and
is also very concise/compact in lines, but sure I would follow the best practice if we vote
one. The major concern would be we have to find/write a tool to convert the existing codes
to use the new style if we have to change.

Current codes follow in the following style I copied from IDEA template.
===
public class Foo {
    public int[] X = new int[]{1, 3, 5 7, 9, 11};

    public void foo(boolean a, int x, int y, int z) {
        label1:
        do {
            try {
                if (x > 0) {
                    int someVariable = a ? x : y;
                    int anotherVariable = a ? x : y;
                } else if (x < 0) {
                    int someVariable = (y + z);
                    someVariable = x = x + y;
                } else {
                    label2:
                    for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++) doSomething(i);
                }
                switch (a) {
                    case 0:
                        doCase0();
                        break;
                    default:
                        doDefault();
                }
            } catch (Exception e) {
                processException(e.getMessage(), x + y, z, a);
            } finally {
                processFinally();
            }
        }
        while (true);

        if (2 < 3) return;
        if (3 < 4) return;
        do {
            x++
        }
        while (x < 10000);
        while (x < 50000) x++;
        for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++) System.out.println(i);
    }

    private class InnerClass implements I1, I2 {
        public void bar() throws E1, E2 {
        }
    }
}
===

Regards,
Kai

> I have checked the great changes in the new branch. Would you mind I make some slight
adjustment to make the style consistent with the existing codes before I merge them in? Thanks.

Sure.