directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:20:24 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel for the clarifying. Just updated the JIRA with a comment.

So it may be a long process and we have to wait. Does it have to be a blocker for the git
repo? If yes, we would then better have the similar approach I proposed earlier to allow other
contributors to start their contributions in the tracked way, i.e., attaching patch in JIRA
and committing the codes into the current Haox project when passed.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 6:44 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project

Cerberus won't work : https://www.cerberusapp.com/

> Emmanuel, could we update the list and use some mechanism to choose one from it?

The mechanism is not simple. It's listed on http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#search

Technically, once we have a list of names that convey the right message (and Pierre as quite
accurrately explained why we should not chose fancy names), we have to check on various sources
if the name is not already used.

So far, one of

Keyron, Keyronne, Kairon, Kaironne, Kayrona could work. We need to check..

FTR, I have created a JIRA for that : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-66

The discussion about the name should be conducted on this JIRA from now on.