directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 23:40:02 GMT
Sorry I’m bad in the naming list and looks like it missed some in the discussion.

Emmanuel, could we update the list and use some mechanism to choose one from it?

Please remove Haox from the list, I’m totally ready to use a better name. Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

From: Zheng, Kai [mailto:kai.zheng@intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 11:40 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: RE: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project

> by the key players re Directory, RBAC, Authentication, Authorization, Security, etc etc,
by The ASF .
Yes sounds great. With the strong identity backend integrating such wonderful things, “Apache
Cerberus” or whatever should be a good one, with much better authorization and management
support.

Sorry I’m still confused here, we could not use Cerberus or we’re still thinking about
more better ones?
To summary, we currently have:
- Haox
- Kerby
- Fluffy
- Cerberus

I’m wondering when we would resolve the naming issue. For me, anyone of above is OK. No
name would be perfect and could be loved by anyone.
Do we have a deadline for the issue, or would we need?

Regards,
Kai