directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Result was : Re: [Vote] Accept Kai Sheng contribution (Haox) as a sub-project
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 00:49:28 GMT
Thanks for your confirm. It's great to go in the new way, in better collaboration.

Will follow up and update in the following days. Note I will be in a long trip so it may be
slow in 3 days.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 8:25 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Result was : Re: [Vote] Accept Kai Sheng contribution (Haox) as a sub-project

Le 02/01/15 01:17, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> Sounds great! My comments inline. Please confirm if I need to finish cleanup & clearance
first or not before importing the source. Thanks.

You can perfectly point to the git hub repo, it's easier. We just need a trace.
> [Kai] It's fine. I can do it now.

+1

> - you also have to grant the code to the ASF, which means you need to
> fill a ICLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt) and get your
> compnay fill a CCLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt)
> [Kai] I have signed a ICLA (for Hadoop contribution). For my company, as our organization
in the company (Intel) has already adopted the Apache open source working model so generally
when anyone of us in the organization would work on an Apache project, it should be fine.
So I guess CCLA step can also be saved (it's probably already done), as we (Intel) has already
so many contributions in Apache particularly in Hadoop space.

Ok, I'll check both. It should be just fine

> - once done, we can incoprorate the code base [Kai] Should I finish
> the cleanup & clearance first before the incorporation?

No. We have a mandatory IP Clearance phase anyway, so untill this phase is done, we can work
openly.

> - we need for that to ask for a git repo (that will take more or less
> one week) [Kai] The sooner the better, thanks!

I'll ask for it right away, as soon as I have the reference to the code base in a JIRA.

> Once the git repo created, we can just import the whole history of your project, or just
the latest revision : it's really up to you.
> [Kai] When it's appropriate to import, I will import the latest revision. The history
may look messy.

Okie ;-)