directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Result was : Re: [Vote] Accept Kai Sheng contribution (Haox) as a sub-project
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 23:25:22 GMT
Thanks Pierre for your suggestion and thought!

>> work out a plan to incorporate the contribution
I’m working on cleanup and clearance of Haox codes. There’re some codes I have to rewrite.
Along with that I’m also adding more tests to guard the change. So I may need a month or
so to prepare Haox well for the incorporation, considering my current bandwidth.

As there’re some possible contributors that would like to work on this and speed it up,
during the cleanup & clearance I’m wondering if it’s OK for them to proceed as follows:

1.     Fire JIRAs using the existing Kerberos component and document tasks that need to or
better be addressed during the time and they would help with;

2.     Patch will be attached on the JIRA if available;

3.     When review passed then applied to Haox codebase in Github for now.

4.     The credit goes to the contributor, as it should and we would to encourage them to
contribute the earlier the better.
Does this help? It may speed up the progress greatly.

Regarding the new sub-project name, yes you’re right we may not be able to use the name.
When it’s time we create the sub-project we need to think about an alternative name.

Regards,
Kai