directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Code style
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:46:31 GMT
Le 13/01/15 13:43, Lucas Theisen a écrit :
> I will admit, I still have trouble using the ApacheDS code style.  I prefer
> standard java code style.  That said, consistency across a project is
> pretty important.  Especially for new contributors.  Plus, java
> autoformatters are pretty good.  I use eclipse to do so on all my personal
> projects and have encountered very few issues with that.  However, as I
> understand it, kerberos is only intended to be a subproject for a short
> time and then transitioned to a top level project.  If that is the case, I
> am fine leaving it alone.  Otherwise, i think we should convert.

Same thoughts here. Beside the fact that I like Directory coding style,
but it's also because it's now 10 years I'm dealing with the code base,
I really don't mind working using Java coding conventions (I use them
for MINA anyway).

Here, I would rather keep what we have for haox/kerby.

Don't get religious about code style, religion kills...