directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ldap + Dsml
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 00:02:55 GMT
Le 08/01/15 22:09, David J. Godbey (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.] a
écrit :
> Folks:
> I am desperately trying to figure out how to get the apache ldap directory client working
with dsml. It looks like everything I need is right there, but I'm flailing trying to put
everything together. Vanilla ldap requests using LdapNetworkConnection I've got working just
fine. The integration with DSML not so much.

> The UserGuide has no information under Advanced LDAP API usage for most items, including
DSML. Engines and decorators and controls - how do they all fit together?

The best I can tell you atm is to look at those samples :

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/server-integ/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/dsml/engine/Dsmlv2EngineIT.java?revision=1646484&view=markup

They are using DSML requests and the DSMLEngine to send them to a server
through a LDAPNetworkConnection.

Feel free to ask if you have any question about this code.