directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Vote] Support only Java 7 for all the components
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 07:49:41 GMT
Hi guys,

following a discussion we have had on the dev list regarding the support
of Java 6 and the strain it puts on some of the maven dependencies we
are using, here is a proposal to stop supporting Java 6 and to only
support Java 7 & 8 from now on.

Keep in mind that Java 6 is not anymore supported by Oracle (except for
paying customers) since feb 2013, and Java 7 is out for now 3 years.

So let's vote :

[ ] +1 yes, drop Java 6 and make the projects only supporting Java 7
from now on
[ ] +/- 0 : I don't mind/ no strong opinion
[ ] -1 no, we should keep going and adapt to support Java 6

Many thanks !