directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:44:17 GMT

Cerberus won't work : https://www.cerberusapp.com/

> Emmanuel, could we update the list and use some mechanism to choose one from it?

The mechanism is not simple. It's listed on
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#search

Technically, once we have a list of names that convey the right message
(and Pierre as quite accurrately explained why we should not chose fancy
names), we have to check on various sources if the name is not already used.

So far, one of

Keyron, Keyronne, Kairon, Kaironne, Kayrona could work. We need to check..

FTR, I have created a JIRA for that : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-66

The discussion about the name should be conducted on this JIRA from now on.