directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing ApacheDS installers
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 10:12:14 GMT
> Hi guys,
>
> I have modified the installer code for ApacheDS, to make it a bit more
> easy to understand from a developper POV (using inheritance) and from a
> user POV (renaming one of the two wrapper.conf file, renamed to
> wrapper-instance.conf).
>
> If you can give me a hand and test the installation of ApacheDS on
> various platform, as I just have a mac and a debian VM. More
> specifically, I need someone to test the windows installer, and the RPM
> iunstaller.
>
> Many thanks !
>
> Note : be sure that modifying the wrapper-instance.conf is working :
> just set a different Jvm than the default one should be ok.
>
> The installers can be found on people.apache.org/~elecharny

I have also updated the associated documentation (well, I'm in the
process of updating it).

Currently, I have tested and validated the Archive installer, which is
documented on
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.2.5-generic-instance-layout.html

The Debian installer has been tested, the associated documention is in
its way :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.2.1-debian-instance-layout.html

Feel free to check the doco and to comment.

At some point, we will have to synchronize the places where we explain
how to install and start the server, the information is spreaded all
over the place...

Thanks !