directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Directory & Apachecon US 2015 Austin
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 11:35:32 GMT
Hi All,

Our talks held at Apachecon US 2014 in Budapest, on the various subjects
related to our projects and its products, were a huge success: I
experienced packed rooms while Emmanuel and Shawn shared their insights and
experiences. This truly shows that we don't just do our contributions for
ourselves, but that our solutions are in demand and that people are
interested in how we do things in our project.

The talks held were:

   - RBAC Authorization with Apache Directory Server and Fortress
   - LDAP Testing: Does it have to be a Nightmare?

As has been anounced by the board, we have a new opportunity to promote our
project, our solutions and our viewpoints on the various aspects of
Identity & Role Management, Authentication & Authorisation, the progress in
our sub projects and directions for the future (and more) at the upcoming
Apachecon US 2015 event. This event will be held on the North American
continent in Austin, Texas, USA from April 13th till April 17th, with
conferences during the first 3 days.

So I start this thread to investigate whether there is an interest to
participate and hold talks again at the upcoming event. Think about:

   - The state of the project
   - How our product X enables/supports company 1
   - How our product X enhances product Y
   - etc.

What do you think?
I am sure that the greater subject of "User, Role, Identity Enablement &
Control" can spawn a lot of (suggestions or ideas of) talks.

To give you a heads up on the upcoming event, I list some reference pages
below:

   - http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/FrontPage
   - http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee

Best regards,