directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Haox project
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 01:06:17 GMT
Kai, All,

First of all, a hearty welcome and thanks for reaching out to this
community. Plus, though a bit delayed, all the seasons greetings to each
and everyone.

Having read the initial post and the reactions by the others, I can only
concur - from the limited understanding I have regarding the technical
aspects - that there seems to be a fit within this project.

Yes, there is overlapping and complementing code between the Haox project
and (several of) our sub projects. For sure, the overlap and the other
issues mentioned are hurdles that can be overcome. And the complementing
aspects within Hoax and our solutions will not only strengthen as well as
simplifying the individual solutions.

I also believe, given the expressions in the postings in this thread, that
there is a cultural fit. Having said all that, there is a lot of work to be
done after a consensus has been reached. Apart from the technical stuff,
the most important is aspect addressing the legal risks that incorporating
the Haox project brings. Some have already been identified earlier. Some
will pop up during the on-boarding process.

Though I see benefits and hurdles that can be overcome, I would like to see
more viewpoints.
Because I also see an increase in workload in the near future (when a
positive outcome will establish itself). And this increase will put
pressure on our short term plans and activities. We need to address that
too.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*