directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: About preparing and clean up of Haox
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 00:51:35 GMT
Hi Kiran,

Per RFC3961, the CRC32 is a modified version of normal CRC32. Thus I have to write it or adapt
exiting one.

Regards,
Kai

From: Kiran Ayyagari [mailto:kayyagari@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2014 8:33 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: About preparing and clean up of Haox

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@intel.com<mailto:kai.zheng@intel.com>>
wrote:
Hi all,

Good holiday!

I'm working on clean up to prepare for the codes.

Per Stefan's concern and Emmanuel's request, I'm focusing on the codes clearance as higher
priority.

A major problem here is not-so-commons-ssl project I incorporated. It's apache license, but
it copied and adapted some codes from Bouncy Castle library. I think BC is compatible with
apache license, right. But I'm not sure if it works. In some time, I may be able to get rid
of not-so-commons-ssl, but not very sure I can totally get rid of all BC originated codes.

Another question. I might need some codes from http://introcs.cs.princeton.edu/java/code/
like follows, it's for a textbook. OK or not? Would you help take a look and confirm, thanks.
http://introcs.cs.princeton.edu/java/51data/CRC32.java
instead use CRC class from bouncycastle
Regards,
Kai