directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: About Haox project
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:36:01 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Yes I understand. As I replied to Stefan, I will clean up and ensure this. Frankly speaking,
I'm running into this a little too early. Haox is far from ideal yet.

The following two files in your question are really not relevant to this effort and I will
remove them.
GssKrb5ServerExt.java
GssKrb5BaseExt.java

The following file is from http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/Security/ImplementstheMD4messagedigestalgorithminJava.htm,
as the comment tells. Will think about how to replace it.
Md4.java

The kerb-core-test was originated/adapted from JaasLounge project and I guess I have to remove
the whole as well.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:56 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: About Haox project

Le 23/12/14 20:07, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> * Two source files contain header with Oracle copyright and GPL license.
> This code needs to be replaced. I hope no other code was taken from
> JDK sources.

I want to be very clear here : copying existing code found on the internet is an ABSOLUTE
no go. Even transforming some code that someone found on the internet is *NOT* permitted.
In practice, the way to go is simply *NOT* to even open a file from code under a GPL or private
license, if you want to implement some feature. Doing so would taint your code, and expose
The ASF to potential legal threats.