directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Vote] Accept Kai Sheng contribution (Haox) as a sub-project
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:47:53 GMT
Hi !

I think it's time for a vote, so let's go. The proposal is to accept
Haox project - a Kerberos server in Java - as a sub-project of
Directory, then merge what we have related to Kerberos in ApacheDS into
this separate sub-project to get a standalone Kerberos server available.
This standalone Kerberos server could also be using ApacheDS as an
underlying storage, but can use any backend available (be it a LDAP
server or any other database). We could benefit from the faster and
simpler ASN/1 code from hax into ApacheDS too.

In the long run, it could become a TLP, as MINA did years ago.

[ ] +1   : Yes, accept haox as a sub-project of Directory
[ ] +-0  : No opinion
[ ] -1   : No, do not accept haox as a sub-project of Directory

Many thanks !